Sunday, April 1, 2012

"Mommy spilled the milk!"

We decided to pick up dinner at Larkburger a few nights ago.  Daniel calls Larkburger the "Green Place" because their logo is a green square with a white flame in the middle.  He likes to go because he can see "Jokey Joes" (Tokyo Joe's aka "Lunch Place"). 

I decided to order a milkshake, which I rarely do, because it was hot and Daniel so loves ice cream.  With Daniel on my hip, a bag of food in one hand and milkshake in the other, we headed for the car.  One of the Larkburger employees opened the door for us (so nice).  When we got to the car, I set the milkshake on the roof.  Guess I didn't set it far enough back because whoops! the milkshake fell to the ground splashing me and Daniel.  Daniel was startled and started wailing!  I was so surprised by his reaction I wasn't sure what had happened.  We went to the other side of the car and calmed down.  By the time I got him buckled into his car seat, he had stopped crying and was talking about how "Mommy spilled the milk". 

He told his dad about it when we got home and still talks about the incident when we drive past the parking lot or if he brings up fries at the "Green Place".  Definitely made an impression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment