Friday, August 17, 2012

Bathtub Terror

Daniel has developed a full-blown terror about getting his hair washed and rinsed in the bathtub. He cannot be talked into it, and when we go to rinse him (anyway), he erupts in hytsertical shrieks, screams and scream-growls. Right now, hair washing is almost impossible, and he gets completely traumatized. This is not a "butting heads" or disagreement-style trauma, but a flown blown terror.

I don't know why he has developed this phobia. I know when we were at the Apex center, swimming in the wading pool, he fell off my back and went underwater, and when I pulled him up from underwater, he was completely hysterical (then Christy took him, to calm him, and a bucket of water fell on both their heads, reigniting his terror). Another reason might be that the shampoo is hurting his eyes, but I think Christy is not using an irritating shampoo. It's pretty rough right now, no matter what the reason is.

No comments:

Post a Comment