Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Freedom, Horrible Freedom!

As of two years, two months & one day, Daniel has figured out how to escape his crib. He climbed out today.

The day was pretty high energy. First we went to his "My Gym" class, then we met his Mommy for lunch @ Mimi's Cafe.' He didn't eat a lot at lunch. When we came home, he was groggy, but decided he didn't want to nap. I left him in for an hour, and went in to check: poopie. After changing him, I put him back in the crib and reminded him it's naptime (which he never likes, honestly, but I don't like getting stiffed on his nap, either). I left him in his crib, and (according to standard operating procedure) resolved that if he stayed awake for another hour, I'd cancel the nap attempt. He must have been hungry, because he started calling out all different kinds of food, and finally ended up chanting (for some unknown reason): "Yellow Jello! Yellow Jello! Yellow Jellow!" ...and then... *CLUNK* *WAAAAAAAAH!* He boosted himself out of the crib and fell. Daddy just about had a heart attack. A brief review determined that he didn't appear to have seriously hurt himself, I think he clambered out on the lion and then fell from there. But I'm afraid the carefree days of "put him in his crib 'til he sleeps, don't worry" are over.

But the gym class must be working. It's only his second class, and already he's figured out how to climb stuff, mostly from watching other kids. The monkey is loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment