Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Story Time

Daniel seems to be listening to stories more now.  We have a book called "Owl Babies" that he has always enjoyed looking at but usually flips the pages too quickly for me to read so I summarize.  Recently, Daniel waited to turn the pages until I'd finished reading them.

When we read "Five Little Pumpkins", he tells me what's going on.  "Gate!" [5 pumpkins sitting on the gate] "Witches!" [the second one says there are witches in the air] "Wind. <blowing> Candle. Light." [oooo went the wind and out went the light]

I found 10 small board books at a book sale.  Each one has 6 pages, little text, cute pictures, and fits easily in Daniel's hand.  His two favorites are "Busy Day" that walks you through breakfast, play, lunch, bath, dinner, and bed times and "Shapes".  There's a kid in a bathtub on the front of "Busy Day" so Daniel says "Tub!" when he wants to read this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment