Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yellow Phone, Read'n'Sign & the Potty

I was watching Daniel in the nursery tonight, and scrolling through the news on my iPhone. Daniel came over and started groping for my phone. I noticed that his yellow toy phone was across the nursery, in a pile of toys, so I said, "Daniel, where is your yellow phone? Can you go and get Daniel's yellow phone?"

And, much to my surprise, he crawled across the room, picked up his yellow phone, brought it back over to where I was sitting, and handed it to me. I was shocked!

On a separate but related "phone note," Daniel is now picking up his phone (or, alternatively, one of the TV remotes) and holding it to his ear, and when he does, he says, "Hi! Hi!"

Christy reports that she was reading Daniel the Halloween "lift the flap" book (Where is Baby's Pumpkin?) and when they got to the page where the candy apples are hidden behind the bowls, Christy asked Daniel, "What do you think is behind those bowls?" Daniel replied... with sign-language, "fruit." And on the next page, she asked, "What's under the bed?" Daniel signed "hat," for the witches hat which is, indeed, hidden under the bed.

And... (cue the '2001' music), Daniel has discovered the potty. We go and visit it many times a day now, and Daniel will make a flushing gesture and say, "Whush! Whush!" Also, on the changing pad this morning, I would sing, "Do the..." Daniel would clap twice, and I would finish, "Potty Dance!"

No comments:

Post a Comment