Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Games Babies Play

Daniel invented a new game for us today on the changing pad. He was pursing his lips and blowing a stream of air in my face as I was changing his diaper, so I'd act like it was a strong wind blowing me away. He thought this was hilarious.

A few nights ago, I also tried out the "creep up" game on him, too - while his mom was changing him. In this game, I'd slowly get closer and closer until he couldn't standing it anymore, and then he'd smack me with his hands and cackle with laughter.

In other news: Daniel ate some "big people food" for lunch today - specifically, Mommy's lentil soup. The lentils met with his approval. I should also note that he was stuffing blackberries into his mouth at M'nK's superbowl party. Other recent foods include pesto & egg pizza, Mexican-style beans & rice... and he has developed a real affinity for french fries.

Also - he has recently begun to express his dissatisfaction w/being parked in the playpen by throwing out all of his toys. Another form of protest that he has instituted regarding either the playpen or the crib is the miraculous removal of his pants, which are then quickly tossed over the side and out.

New words: "hot" and "cold."

1 comment:

  1. One other game has been "answering" phones (toy and real), remotes, anything phone-like. Daniel will pull the object to his ear (or back of his head) and say 'hi-hi'. At lunch yesterday, when Daniel heard a phone ring, he brought his hand (with sandwich) to his head and said 'hi-hi'.

    ReplyDelete