Thursday, October 11, 2012

Enter: The Brat

Daniel has been getting steadily more crabby each day that Mommy is away on her business trip to Staples HQ in Framingham, MA. His alter-ego, Bickerbee (the boy who disagrees with everything I say) came to stay the day after Mommy left (which inspired me to consider writing a children's book called Bickerbee Doesn't Agree), and today during our visit to Hobby Lobby, Daniel tried out a new persona: The Brat. The Brat wanted to grab everything off the shelves, didn't want to follow Daddy anywhere, and proceeded to push and kick at Daddy if I attempted to intervene with his neurotic outbursts of "GRAB ALL THE STUFF!" Most memorable line: "No, Daddy, (I) don't need to hold your hand!" I am also concerned because he will not listen to me when I ask him to "stop!" or "freeze!" when he's doing something that might actually harm him. He doesn't seem to be actively ignoring me, but when he gets caught up in the fervor of doing whatever he's doing, his focus narrows down to just that and everything else is background noise. He stopped acting like The Brat the minute we left Hobby Lobby.


No comments:

Post a Comment