Friday, January 20, 2012

The Nopes

Daniel has been experimenting with contrariness for the last week or so, at least where Daddy is concerned. I can ask him almost anything, and he will quickly reply, "nope."

However, if I press on, there is nearly always a repeated pattern to his replies. It goes like this:

"Daniel, do you want to go to Disneyland and meet Mickey Mouse?"

"Nope."

"You don't want to go to Disneyland? Meet Mickey Mouse?"

"Nope."

"Are you sure?"

*pause* and then a resigned "...ho-kay."

He doesn't do this all the time, however. Sometimes he actually listens to what I'm saying. I thought I was being clever yesterday morning when (as I was getting annoyed at the flurry of 'nopes' coming back at me), I asked him, "Do you want to eat candy all day?"

*pause* "...candy? Candy! CANDY!"

The candy chant went on all morning long.

No comments:

Post a Comment