Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday, Monday

We had a busy day!  Daniel and I did the grocery shopping in the morning.  After lunch, it was nap time.  Daniel spotted his kangaroo puppet on the floor of his room, pointed and said "roo!"  So, I put the kangaroo in the crib with him.  He spent the first 5 minutes of nap time chanting "K-roo! K-roo! K-roo!"

Daniel and I planned a trip to the mall that afternoon to give Jarl some time to study.  As we were about to leave, I realized I couldn't find my wallet and remembered Daniel had snagged it while we were checking out at Target earlier.  Hopeful that it was still at Target, we raced there.  They had it safely stored in the lost-and-found lockbox.  Relief!

Then, it was off to the mall.  Daniel wasn't interested in the dinosaur-themed play area but enjoyed the mini-picnic tables with chalkboard tops.  The highlight was running up and down the ramp leading to the play area.  When we were ready to venture further into the mall, Daniel found a women's accessory shop (can't recall the name).  There was a wall of costume jewelry with all sorts of interesting pendants on necklaces.  Daniel's favorite was a bicycle with a clock in the front wheel.  Second favorite: a red rhinestone encrusted heart.

On the way home, we stopped at Larkburger to pick up dinner.  In the car, I handed Daniel a french fry which he happily ate.  When he'd finished it, he said "how 'bout it!"  So I gave him another one.  This exchange continued all the way home.  Somehow, "how 'bout it!" meant "may I have another french fry, please."

No comments:

Post a Comment